ADB is looking for a dynamic Hardware Engineering Director with international experience that will be responsible for managing ADB Hardware Engineering team, designing ADB set-top-boxes and gateways, bringing innovation into the company, planning and directing all aspects of hardware engineering activities, managing the relations with ODMs on technical aspects like: roadmaps, projects, design reviews (DFx), industrialization.
The Hardware Engineering Director will cooperate with other ADB functions in relation to new technologies, developing and establishing product hardware roadmaps, defining platforms, contributing technically to cost reduction initiatives.
The person will also manage technical relations with strategic partners and vendors.
- Manage and develop a team of Hardware engineers responsible for the design, industrialization and deployment of STBs and gateways.
- Deliver new products and platforms on time, managing all technical aspects
- Develop and maintain technical relationship with key partners and suppliers
- Generate and verify product specifications and review project plans
- Create a strong and flexible development process across the hardware lifecycle, addressing development, supply chain and quality perspective in cooperation with suppliers
- Drive the industrialization process in the factory with suppliers to ensure products’ tests and quality are in-line with ADB expectations
- Manage the Engineering Change Request process and the Product Documentation Center to preserve and keep up to date the technical knowledge of ADB products
- Define and maintain Hardware Engineering processes and key metrics, ensuring all hardware engineering projects, initiatives are in conformance with ADB policies and objectives
- Support Procurement RFP/RFQ process with suppliers from technical point of view
- Support ADB Quality function in technical analysis with ODM on possible quality issues
- Support Operations from technical point of view to fulfill ADB delivery plans
- Support Hardware Customer Service from technical point of view to allow continuity of services to customer: RMA, refurbishment, second sources , etc.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing a hardware engineering team in designing set-top-boxes and gateways for consumer markets across multiple locations
- Solid experience in hardware design and validation of above mentioned products
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing ODM, JDM and OEM projects with Asiatic suppliers: China, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.
- a Master degree in Electronics Engineering
- Solid experience in product prototyping and industrialization
- Solid knowledge of
- broadcast and broadband technology, roadmaps and suppliers.
- broadcast / broadband industries, vendors and ODMs
- familiarity with cost drivers
- Knowledge of electronic manufacturing processes and criticalities: design review, DFx (design for manufacturing, assembly, serviceability, cost, quality, etc).
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes is a plus
- Experience in supporting procurement in RFQ/RFI from technical point of view
- Experience as a facilitator between european teams and suppliers for technical subjects
- Excellent managerial and decision-making skills
- Experience in working with Western companies and in a multicultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Demonstrated ability to write both technical and procedural documentation.
- Be available to react to emergencies, and ability to troubleshoot and communicate outside of normal business hours given the time zone difference
- Ability to cooperate with his peers and drive them to provide together the whole picture and possible options for management review
- Availability to travel to meet suppliers in Asia and customers in Europe
The position is based in Taiwan ADB office in Taipei city.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV to email@example.com for further arrangements.