- Demand for the vuTyme in-room entertainment solution is growing in markets outside of ADB partner distribution footprints
- From installation to support, vuTyme is being offered as a turnkey service to all hotels, brands and management companies
- ADB will continue supporting vuTyme through its MSO partners
- ADB is proud to be a gold sponsor at HT-NEXT, book appointment by emailing sales@vuTyme.com
March 01, 2018 – Geneva, Switzerland – ADB has big news for attendees at HT-NEXT in March. To meet the hospitality industry’s growing demand for vuTyme, the company is now selling its popular in-room entertainment solution direct to hotels. Previously sold through the U.S. cable operators only as a white-labelled iTV solution, vuTyme is now available as a turnkey solution – from installation to support – via ADB.
Hoteliers interested in learning more about this new direct-to-hotel program are encouraged to visit ADB at the HT-NEXT event, March 12 to 14 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego.
“vuTyme is no longer hospitality’s best kept secret; it’s now a name that’s on the lips of hotelier’s coast to coast thanks to our highly-successful and intensive two-year marketing initiative,” said Chris Dinallo, CTO & General Manager of ADB vuTyme Business Unit. “Our business model has always been to sell directly to cable operators through an exclusive white-label relationship. However, what has become apparent is that many hotel management companies that have numerous properties spanning across different MSOs don’t want to deal with multiple MSOs; therefore, by selling directly to the hotels, ADB is bringing everyone together, satisfying the needs of hotel operators and hand-delivering new customers to the MSOs. Our partnership with the cable operators remains intact; they will support our customers on the back end, while we service our customers on the front end.”
According to Hospitality Technology’s 2018 Lodging Technology Study, more than half (53%) of hoteliers plan to make some change with smart TVs and/or technologies that enable
guests to stream content, placing the technology as the top guest-facing priority. As more guests arrive on property with their own devices and content, demands to stream and cast that content will increase. vuTyme gives guests easy access to their personal accounts and content via over-the-top applications and Screencasting. vuTyme’s vuCaster streams or “casts” personalized programming from YouTube, Netflix, Pandora and other premium content providers onto the bigger in-room screen to deliver a frictionless customer experience without the guest having to provide their account login credentials.
Here are a few other coveted features of vuTyme:
- vuTyme entertains guests with more than 200 HD channels, a Searchable IPG, thousands of FREE Video on Demand titles and a Pay-per-view offering.
- vuTyme tells guests what they want to know via folio review and check out; hotel amenities and local information; news, weather and sports programming; service requests; and a dedicated branded channel. Plus, vuTyme gives guests meetings information and group agendas via a digital signage for in rooms and public spaces.
- vuTyme tells guests what they need to know via its new Emergency Alert Messaging system. Guests will be notified in detail on the in-room TV if they should exit or stay in the room to keep them out of harm’s way.
- vuTyme gives guests a voice by rating their stay experience, providing social media connections, inputting housekeeping or maintenance service requests and receiving hotel/group messaging direct to the in-room TV.
- vuTyme is also available in a scaled-back version called vuTyme Lite. It offers an All-IP digital platform that reduces the cost of the in-room device. With reduced software features, no third-party licensees, and the new low-cost in-room device, total cost of ownership to the hotelier is as a much as 40 percent less.
“With vuTyme, hotels and guests now have value features that entertain, inform, and enrich the in-stay experience,” Dinallo said. “Better yet, we deliver vuTyme using the hotel’s existing coaxial cable or Ethernet, saving costs, space and power consumption. vuTyme also integrates to more than 40 PMS systems, including Oracle/Micros, and it has interfaces to a dozen-plus Guest Services Systems. Hoteliers with limited budgets, yet who are looking to offer the tools that today’s travelers demand, can now turn directly to ADB and vuTyme.”