- Minerva iTVFusion platform fully integrated with newly launched ADB 1761 series set-top boxes
- First fully integrated wireless and 4K Set-Top-Boxes (STB) for Minerva’s North American IPTV customers
- Operators can access new advanced features while reducing operational costs
19 May, 2016 – Geneva, Switzerland ADB, a leading provider of solutions and services for multimedia convergence, has announced today that Minerva Networks, a leading provider of software solutions for the delivery of connected entertainment services, has certified it’s iTVFusion client on ADB’s new 1761 series of STBs.
The new solution combines ADB’s deep expertise in personal TV and broadband connectivity with Minerva’s market leading IPTV platform to offer operators a wide variety of industry-first features and considerable cost savings. Advanced functionality includes next-generation wireless connectivity and 4K/UHD programming support. The new system will ensure service providers can deliver more compelling TV experiences with greater efficiency and flexibility.
The 1761 STB series introduces a number of key features to the North American market:
- First fully integrated 802.11ac wireless STB – allowing operators to drastically reduce installation overheads and time-to-market by using next generation wireless technology
- First 4K STB – enabling TV service providers to offer Ultra High-Definition 4K quality content
- Flexible deployment options – allowing operators to deliver both managed multicast and RTSP-based video as well as adaptive bit rate (ABR) streaming protocols.
- Low cost/high performance STB – at under $100, the 1720w STB from the new series means considerable cost savings can be achieved, while also improving the Consumer Premises Equipment (CPE) accessibility and performance.
“As a leading provider of subscriber management solutions for the pay TV industry, we are thrilled to be able to certify our iTVFusion client on ADB’s first class technology embedded within their new series of STBs,” said Eric Freund, Vice President, Product Marketing at Minerva Networks.
“The collaboration with ADB allows our customers to advance towards the future of TV delivery in a cost-effective way.”
ADB’s Personal TV solution is an innovative and feature rich, end-to-end offering that helps operators and service providers to meet the challenges of evolving media consumption and consumer behaviour. It enables the delivery of video and other content seamlessly to pay-TV platforms, multi-device and OTT deployments.
“The US IPTV industry has been crying out for an easy-to-use alternative to the cumbersome CPE requirements and infrastructure for STBs,” added Peter Balchin, CEO of ADB. “We’re really proud to be leading the field with these innovations in STB technology through our partnership with Minerva. Our collaboration means operators will be able to considerably reduce the cost of implementation while ultimately providing a richer and more streamlined TV viewing experience for their subscribers.”
ADB is Connecting Lives and Connecting Worlds with innovative solutions for personal and business TV and Internet of Things (IOT). We understand how the Connected Age is changing consumer consumption and driving demand for powerful, flexible and cost effective connectivity and services.
Our Connected Solutions bring together our proven expertise and 20 years of award-winning industry firsts, enabling our customer’s to build successful businesses and deliver the connected experiences consumers crave. We know what success looks like because we are empowering some of the world’s leading content distributors, pay TV and broadband operators including A1 Telekom Austria, Border States Electronic, Canal Digital, Cox, Graybar, NC+, Swisscom, Telecom Italia, Telefonica, Telenet, Time Warner and Vodafone.
ADB has a passionate and dedicated team of over 600 people, including a 350 strong engineering team. The company is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and has offices throughout Europe, Asia and North America.
For more information, visit www.adbglobal.com
About Minerva Networks
Minerva is a leading provider of service and subscriber management solutions for the delivery of entertainment services. Over 300 operators worldwide have deployed Minerva’s software platform to offer next-generation Pay TV services to their subscribers.
For more information, please visit www.minervanetworks.com