October 14th 2011 – Geneva, Switzerland and Crakow, Poland: Advanced Digital Broadcast, (www.adbglobal.com) a leading supplier of advanced solutions for the connected home, announced today, that its multi-room solution has received the “Best Product Award” at Satkrak 2011.
ADB’s Multi-room solution enables Pay-TV Operators to provide all TV services throughout their subscribers’ homes, including Live TV channels, Recorded TV programs and Video-on-Demand (VoD), all of which can now be delivered to any TV in the house.
The solution provides:
- Identical Live TV, DVR and On-Demand experience in all rooms within the home,
- Complete, transparent tuner sharing making all TV channels in the home available on all TVs,
- Full DVR functionally including transparent remote record scheduling
- Full VoD access throughout the home
- Self-install package making it easy for the user to set up by themselves,
- Remote activation of the Multi-room functionality by the operator,
- Limited investment & low operational costs since the Multi-room capability is made available through a software upgrade of the Digital Video Recorder,
- Standards-based Digital Living Networking Alliance (DLNATM) resource and media sharing between connected devices can be opened up to other secure DLNA devices, if the operator desires.
ADB Multi-room solution is powered by the award winning ADB Carbo™ high-definition user interface providing an easy and intuitive way for consumers to manage their viewing experience. The combination of these technologies brings a unified and very unique offering to the industry and aims at attracting subscribers by ensuring their Pay-TV services can be enjoyed throughout their home.
Conventional solutions to the multi-room problem include shipping a second DVR to the subscriber who then has to remember on which DVR he recorded which show! This doesn’t satisfy subscriber, nor the operator as they have to pay for a full DVR, while it is unlikely they can double the subscription fee.
This award, coupled with ADB’s successful customer deployments prove that the Company has successfully managed to step above the norm and provide a solution that delivers on functionality, cost and user experience
ADB’s Multi-room technology was initially introduced by the Polish Operator “n” in November 2010 and since its inception has received numerous awards.
ADB (www.adbglobal.com) designs, manufactures and deploys solutions to distribute pay-TV and multimedia services to the connected home, for all types of networks, providing an amazing user experience.
ADB is a preferred partner for many pay-TV and broadband service providers, providing a broad solutions portfolio including:
Ready to deploy pay-TV solutions, including set-top devices with their award-winning user interface, middleware, software for advanced interactive TV applications, services and scalable head-ends,
Broadband access gateways and home networking devices,
Remote management software.
ADB is a leader in advanced solutions for the connected home, with over 30 million consumer premise devices sold to a global customer base, and a deep software expertise. Our innovations have been recognized by numerous industry awards.
The company is headquartered in Geneva with Research and Development facilities in Poland, Italy and Ukraine, and Operations division in Taipei, Taiwan. We have local representation in several countries in Europe, the United States, Latin Americas, Asia and India.
ADB is a member of ADB Group; ADB Group (www.adbholdings.com) is publicly listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX: ADBN).
Follow ADB on twitter @ADBNews and visit our blog at blog.adbglobal.com